Petrifying process of wood

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Mon, 05 Dec 2005 08:14:45 -0600

> DAMN! You know, you are right. Okay, so toss that theory out the window!
>
> Maybe I should have studied geology in Kansas where they are a little
> more liberal with their theories (or at least they have more of them...)!
>
> Terry Farrell
>
>     You're right about wood but -- based purely on experience -- perhaps
>     not when it comes to wool. Some hammer makers have figured out how
>     to shortcut the process in their hammer presses.
>
>     Del

Sure, we can do Liberal here in Kansas. It's a couple hundred miles
west of here. Has an air museum I'll have to go see some day. We got
rocks too, but the ones glued to the end of hammer shanks don't seem
to have many fossils. Maybe an occasional embedded voicing needle,
but nothing very impressive. They almost, but don't quite "clink"
when struck together.

Ron N