Seiler bleed through

Barbara Richmond piano57@insightbb.com
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 18:50:51 -0600

>> Between the 2nd & 3rd service calls (scheduled every three months) the
>> bleed through returned--in the exact same spot.  I did everything I know
>> (except removing the strings and having a look at the v-bar), and in
>> spite of a fairly mellow voice (for these hammers) I still ended up
>> weaving cloth into the front duplex.  Is this a case of a defective
>> v-bar?  Does that happen?  If so, can something be done about it?

I heard from the rebuilder.  He said he always puts a pretty tight v shape
on the v-bar.

Crud...

Is there a thing as soft cast iron?  This is the second time this has
happened to the piano--it seems to appear within 2 years (or less) of being
strung.  What does the future hold for this piano?  What would you do?

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT