Dampp Chaser question

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sun, 04 Dec 2005 14:22:08

Hi Mark,

Water softners work by replacing calcium ions with sodium ions (salt). This
is very hard on DC systems and on pianos in general--the clients should not
use softened water in their units.

At 02:00 PM 12/4/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>        I use the humidifier treatment only occasionally on my own piano at
>home where the water has a fairly high mineral content. I get very little
>buildup on the heater bars and the pads seem to last forever. OTOH, I have
>had customers with water softening systems where the pads were shot after 4
>months and the crud had to be scraped off with a knife.     - Mark Dierauf

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner