Dampp Chaser question

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:07:18 -0500

Well if you change the pads 4 times a year I guess you don't need the
treatment.

I usually change the pads once a year in the Fall. That gets them
through the winter and I figure it's not critical to have optimum pads
through the Spring and Summer. And I notice a big difference with those
who use the treatment.

The treatment is not just to keep the pads soft. It also retards mold.
Without it I've seen the fill tube plug from mold growth.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Don
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 10:07 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Dampp Chaser question

Hi Andrew,

I find my clients can often survive without the humidifer treatment. The
protocol is to use regular tap water with the first filling to have
enough
ions in the water to conduct electricity--and then use distilled or
demineralized water from then on. I do recommend changing the pads 4
times
a year--and draining the reservoir once every six months.

At 07:45 AM 12/4/2005 -0600, you wrote:
>  H'mm,
>    Or the water has too much in it to be ameliorated. ;-)
> Are you guys finding that it works fine without the additive?
> Andrew

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7