Spindle sander

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 15:02:36 -0500

>Are photos possible?  To those of you who saw Chris' demonstration
>and are ready to try it.....What would be the advantage to using an
>oscillating sander?  Does it work that much faster?

Search the Amazon site for the SA350K to see a photo and read the specs.

An oscillating sander would have less of a tendency of loading up and
glazing the surface
of a lacquered hammer. The cutting qualities of the paper should last
longer since the load is
distributed over a wide area, not a narrow band. Also the staple will
score a drum and then cause ridges in the hammer surface where an
oscillating sander would distribute it over a distance and would have
negligible effect.

Overall, I assume a spindle sander produces a finer finish with
greater efficiency or
why else would they be marketed.
--

Regards,