pipe organ pitch

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:30:02

Hi Don,

Organ pitch is affected by barometric pressure. I.e. the number of
molecules going over the "edge" of the pipe.

I have personally seen a pipe organ change 30 cents over night.

The organ should be at the temperature it is going to be performed on
before it is tuned, so temperature is not usually a factor.

At 03:17 PM 12/3/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>List -
>Can any of you knowledgeable people tell me the approximate amount of
>pitch change in cents per degree of temperature change for a pipe organ?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Don

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/