Seiler bleed through

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Fri, 02 Dec 2005 21:39:23 +0100

Hi Barbara

Checking the V bar is probably just exactly what you want to do.  Take
down the tension on the strings in the area, and move them away.
Reprofile the V-bar to a 0.5 - 1 mm V (not a U). This should both clean
up the sound and take care of string breakage problems as well.  An
explaination of this process is found in Ed McMorrows book which I
heartedly recommend.

Between the 2nd & 3rd service calls (scheduled every three months) the
bleed through returned--in the exact same spot.  I did everything I know
(except removing the strings and having a look at the v-bar), and in
spite of a fairly mellow voice (for these hammers) I still ended up
weaving cloth into the front duplex.