Bridge Pins, was Bridge Capping Materials: Ebony?

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:28:29 -0600

Ron raises a point regarding alternative materials.  I think that
when looking to improve bridge pins we would be looking for something
that is much more resistant to grooving and also won't support a rust
bond.  I wouldn't go in the direction of regular steel because rust
is such an issue here.  Titanium probably does resist grooving better
that what is usually used for bridge pins.  I've thought about
stainless, is it harder than what we usually use?  Any other
improvements to consider?

Andrew Anderson