Rectangular tuning pin dimensions?

Nels Lindberg nelslindberg@gmail.com
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:11:57 -0800

Yes, oval is what i meant, and i did special order an oval tip
(schaff/hale part # 16224E).  I think my first post was a little
scatterbrained.  What was meant was: Tuning tip (the only oval tip i
could find on the web, btw) was too big for pin, which then somehow
got jammed on the pin, leading to minor disaster.  I took my calipers
and measured the pin and tuning tip.  Pin dimensions: .210" x .270",
tip dimensions: .255" x .365".  Doing a bit of math, I think the pin
was turned nearly 45 degrees in the head, which would make it easy to
smush the corners and jam the pin in good and tight.

Any suggestions for a  better tool or how to modify the one I have?

Thanks,
Nels Lindberg