Bridge Capping Materials: Ebony?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:22:51 -0600

> I guess the advantage would be that it is less likely to cave under
> string pressure and worse, aggressive string-seating.

Seems to me that if the cap doesn't crush with humidity swings and
the pins don't get loose, there shouldn't be any false beating that
would lure someone into making the problem worse by seating the strings.

>How does ebony behave with humidity changes?

Changes dimension tangentially about 65% of what rock maple does.

Go here, get this, and look up your own answers...   <G>
http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fplgtr/fplgtr113/fplgtr113.htm

Ron N