Bridge pin angle

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 18:51:19 -0400

Don -
Just to be clear, in picture #1 is the sounding length on the right? That
would seem to follow, given how you describe picture #2.  If so, picture #1
would have been taken from the bass and #2 from the treble, unless the
images got reversed.  Anyway, it seems that, apart from pin being loose,
the problem could either relate to multiple termination points, or some
amount of vertical sliding of the string on the pin.  In addition to the
tests suggested by Ron, you could reinstall or replace the pin, maybe using
glue.  If there is any excess movement at the pin, maybe the condition of
the pin surface has some effect.

David Skolnik