Bridge pin angle

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:34:35 +0100

Hi David.

Well, its certainly ok to have an opinion.  I think tho, that this
statement is difficult to understand given the fact that one can measure
a change in relative height for strings and pins. Obviously, string
movement up and down the pin is possible for whatever reasons may end up
being the case.

No one doubts that this bridge compression thingy also happens.  But its
most assuredly  not the only thing going on.

Cheers
RicB

David Love writes

I've not really been following this discussion in all its detail so this
may be an already expressed opinion but here's what I see happening.
Under any conditions, with sufficiently angled bridge pin that is
unnotched, there is no way for the string to ride up the pin--period.

.... snip