Measureing String/bridge gap

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:46:56 +0100

Grin......

>/ I think the feeler gage check is only going to be effective if there is a
/>/ fairly large length of the string that is above the cap (such as if the
/>/ string is entirely off the cap and only touching at the pins) so that there
/>/ is room to get the gage in.
/
This is the only case that counts, isn't it? If the string is in
contact with the cap anywhere, it is still on the cap and not up the
pins.

Well.. I dont know about anyone else... but I find strings not in
contact with the front and back edge of the bridge whilst still in
contact with the center as
a matter of routine. Not in contact with the edge means up the pins one
way or the other, positive or negative bearing at these points.

RicB