OnlyPure Recordings

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:07:06 -0400

Bernard, thanks for sharing these pieces with us. I think you chose 2
excellent examples of what your method is all about.

For those in doubt: Listen to the tenor(LH) of the Bach piece. Even on
these computer speakers, which ain't bad with a sub-woofer, there's a
clarity in the tenor that your method provides..and in the Neumann
piece, you can hear slightly active octaves in the 5th and 6th octaves
of certain sections of that piece..not enough to turn my head, but just
enough to tell me that you're slight above 'conventional' with your
method without destroying the overall sound of the instrument.

 Also, you said:

>If tuning P12 equal temperament, one must let fall the pure octaves
>completely down, since the stretch is needed to phase out with the
>fifths in the  3 note chords. So forget to try to get any of the octave
>partial pairs coicident.

Of all the things that have been written and discussed about this
subject, this statement is perhaps the best explanation of the method
that myself and a few others have been using. I would like to see the
bearing pattern for your method..aurally please.

Many thanks for sharing,

-Phil