Ivory removal

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:55:45 +0100

Hello Listers
Any GOOD ideas for removing ivories from keys without damaging the =
ivories? In this particular case the keys are to be disposed of =
(Bechstein Model 10 vertical strung upright, 85 keys, Nr.74325) The =
attached action is also being disposed of. The piano carcase has already =
been dumped. This is the result of flooding up to the underside of the =
keybed. I need the space but need the ivories intact. I could, I know, =
cut away the wood keys then chip away the remains of wood - but I =
wondered if one were to be in the position of re-covering the keys what =
approach one would use to carefully remove the re-useable ivories.
Regards
Michael G.(UK)