Vintage Piano Parts, was: Overdamper questions

Piano Forte Supply pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:39:45 -0700

Contrary to widespread opinion, there are high quality overdamper pianos
which actually warrant proper restoration work done on them.  Any
technician who discounts this has simply not yet encountered one.
Blüthner and Ibach built some killer overdampers, there were others as
well.  One problem, touched on below, is that technicians have a hard
time finding the right parts and materials to do a proper job.  Although
I don't stock it (yet), I can supply special damper felt for overdampers
- it is actually "end grain" felt (think of a piece of wood).  As well,
other parts such as wooden damper heads with damper felts and the long
damper wires are available.

If anyone has trouble finding materials for authentic restoration of
vintage pianos, feel free to contact me, I will try to source these in
Europe.

Jurgen Goering
www.pianofortesupply.com