Aaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:19:37 -0300

If they don't play much. I probably wouldn't have done a pitch raise, =
for 20cents.

Through the period of a year, the pianos up here, have sections of them =
that vary 30 + cents. If they haven't queried why the  piano sounded =
bad, at times through the year, then the pitch raise, and the extra cost =
to them is wasted money

I guess it all comes down to, know your customer. Some people need pitch =
raises, and some don't.

It is after all their piano, and their tolerances for an out of tune =
piano, may be much greater than yours.

This pitch raise for 2-4 cents kind of gets me, lets face it, if it is =
on a stage, for example, the stage lights, on and off can change it more =
than that.
I know a lot of you are going to disagree with me, but it has worked =
well for me. Since I started in '75, I have never called a customer and =
said, "it is time to do your piano"

With the humidity changes, when is the right time to tune their piano?
It could be the right time for one customer, and the wrong time for =
another.
For example, if they turn their furnace off a couple of weeks after you =
tune, or turn it on a couple of weeks after you tune. Then you shouldn't =
have suggested they have their piano tuned, or should you?

I suggest DC installations for the customers that notice their piano go =
out throughout the year.

You always, give them the option of a pitch raise, after discussing it =
with them. And always make sure it is the pianist, that you discuss it =
with. If a minor, the pianist, and their parent.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20