A little more on the Dorsey's pianist's Everett.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

Its black, nitrocellulose lacquer. Whether the finish
is original, I don't know.

Here's the minimum I'd recomend to get this thing
running:

Clean board and action cavity.
Tune as well as possible.
Invert piano and treat block with about 12 oz of
super-thin CA glue from the inside, filling up holes,
going back and forth.
Rejuvenate the knuckles by brushing with a brass brush
and naptha, and install a good set of hammers.
Regulate.
Wet sand finish with naptha and silicone-carbide
paper, and spray on a few more coats of black N.C.
lacquer.

Of course, if you wanted it perfect, you'd have to do
a lot more. As I mentioned, though, the bridges are
perfect and there is bearing on them, so I suspect
( but won't promise) that the very soft tone is due
primarily to the hammers. I think I've seen these
cheapo-softies on other pianos, and they had the same
effect.

P.S. Call me and leave your phone # so we can discuss
this, if you're still interested.(770) 725-5949

--- Andrew & Rebeca Anderson <anrebe@zianet.com>