regulating screws

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:25:28 -0700

Remove the rail, lubricate with Protek from both sides and allow it to
soak into the wood for awhile.  Then heat them up with a heat gun and
turn them slowly back and forth until you feel them free up.  They
should stay free after that.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of jonathan stuchell
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 7:06 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: regulating screws

   Hello listers,

                      What can be done about old regulating screws that
break off  just below the 'eye'   ?    They usually turn a couple times
then snap off.  The only option I seem to have is to turn the button
below ,  but it is hard to reach and I dont know of a tool to use to do
that.    This is a 1906 upright player.

        JS