Bass String Replacement

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:32:57 -0700

don't bother, ship the string to a string maker and get it done=
 right.   Best to replace both strings but one duplicated will=
 beat the heck of a universal.  I don't carry them anymore.   I'd=
 learn to tie a bass string as a more practical skill..

david i.

Original message
From: Matthew Todd
To: Pianotech
Subject: Bass String Replacement

I am planning to practice universal bass string replacing tonight=
 on my practice piano, and can some of you give me step by step=
 procedures on this?  I am taking Potter's course, but I don't=
 think he has this included!
I have several strings that I will be working with tonight, and I=
 need backup on everything from unwinding the copper winding to=
 everything involved with this.
Thanks!
Matthew