Seating strings

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:28:35 -0700

>>That's a nice looking bridge Ron.  Are you planning to make this
>>capping material available to the rest of us once you have it
>>perfected?  And will I be able to notch it with my puny little hand
>>chisel?
>
>I think Terry might just be standing by with a few gallons of epoxy
>and a big veneer order to do just that. It notches by hand, but it's
>a battle.

Have you provided details of your notching machine?  If so I somehow missed it.

>  > The bridge pin wear seems pretty apparent in these photos as well, or is
>>that just my imagination?
>>
>>Phil F
>
>Not your imagination. That's real damage.
>
>Ron N

I still think bridge pins could use some attention.  Something harder
and with a slippier interface with steel.  Perhaps solid nickel,
rather than the nickel plated whatever that we have now.  I don't
know how this would affect the tone or the string wear rate.

Phil F