(no subject)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:04:19 -0500

> I have two questions to ask:
> 1. Has anyone of you ever heard of ribs made of other material than wood, such
> as aluminium or even plexiglas?

I know steel soundboards have been made, and glass. I don't know
what was used for ribs.

> 2. Has anyone ever tried to use steaming as a way to 'restore' crown on a
> collapsed soundboard?

It's been suggested. How would that work, and to what positive
effect? How would steam restored crown help the piano, and how would
it correct the defect that allowed the soundboard to collapse in the
first place?

> This is not something I have ever done, but I wonder what reaction such ideas
> would mneet with on this list.
>
> Peace
>
> Jean-Jacques Granas

I guess you'll find out.