The "Jolly Loop" (Modified by Kent Swafford)

V T pianovt@yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:54:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Dean, Del, Roger,

Dean wrote:

>At the Indy convention last October Del spoke about
>reducing the size of the loops and getting them up
off >the plate to add flexibility in the backscale.
>Attached is a link to a picture of a Walters grand
>that was there showing off an unusual hitch pin Del
>likes to use.

I would like to know if Roger's loops wood work as
well with Del's vertical hitch pins.  One attractive
feature of the vertical hitch pin is that the string
is more likely to pivot freely at the pin.  However a
tight loop around the pin will counteract that
benefit.  So, I wonder if the trade off works in our
favor on a vertical hitch pin?

On a regular (angled) hitch pin it would seem to me
that Roger's loops are the best way to go.

Vladan