Journal cover

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 08:30:49 -0700

Re: John Hartman.  You can read his posts from last year in the archives.  He quit PTG because of the way he was treated working on the Journal.  A notice appeared in the Journal asking for help in illustration which he objected to.  He was ignored.  Sadly, he has quit all association with PTG over this.  He's gone on to do the same kind of illustration work with a woodworking magazine (and getting paid well for it).  I don't really know all the fine details about what went down, but suffice it to say we lost a very valuable asset in John.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego

----- Original Message -----
From: David Andersen
To: Pianotech
Sent: 04/07/2005 8:10:43 AM
Subject: Re: Journal cover

  Just a comment.
  I really think the covers on the new journal's are  fairly bizarre and abstract art forms. I guess that's ok if one likes that sorta thing but I find it quizzical. Huh?
  Vote thumbs down
   Dale
  Where's John Hartman?

I agree.  The whole vibe, look, and excitement quotient is way down for me since Hartman
“left;” it doesn’t feel like a leading-edge pro publication any more. A real pity.

Thumbs down.

David Andersen