April Journal

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:48:29 EDT

=20
Hi Dave
    In reality , & in the case of the stwy  A-2, It works pretty well the wa=
y=20
it is. That's not to say some "custom  rebuilding " &  some pimping it up=20
doesnt' improve  it.
  The Mason CC is quite a bit redesigned.  In  Sac it was needing way more=20
was more TLC in  ze tuunning , & voizzing  department. Especially for it's d=
ebut.
  Well then there is Charles Walters & Darrell  Fandrich on the American sid=
e=20
with nicely done pianos.=20
   Dale

Did anybody else notice in the NAMM review in this  months Journal that ther=
e=20
were new pianos from the European and Asian  manufacturers yet the =E2=80=
=9Cnew=E2=80=9D=20
offerings from the American manufactures were  reintroductions of old pianos=
 from=20
the last century.  I=E2=80=99m sure the Mason  & Hamlin CC94 and the Steinwa=
y A are=20
nice instruments, but have all the  piano scale designers all moved away?  W=
hy=20
is everyone else looking  forward and we=E2=80=99re (in the U.S.) just looki=
ng=20
backwards?   I=E2=80=99m really mystified here.=20
dave

=20