soundboard causing buzz?

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:57:28 -0400

Hi,

I've tried out various things, some of which were suggested by some on
this list (thanks!). I'm still not able to conclusively discover the
cause.

Some new information: If I take the lid, when completely closed, and
push it with a lot of force to the right (while facing the keyboard) it
either reduces or eliminates the buzz. I can't imagine that I am able
to push it hard enough to bend the rim to reduce any potentially
looseness of the soundboard against it, so I checked that the lid was
on tight, and it was.

The buzz is still coming and going, and has spread to a few other notes
along the keyboard. And actually, it sounds more like a snare drum
responding to vibration than a buzz.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks!

- John