Kawai warranty question

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:45:47 EDT

I'll chime in with Avery on this one.  They really do their best to  help
technicians in the field.  I usually deal with Andrew Thomas, who is  the primary
phone contact.

I have a Kawai GE2 that I service in a private piano school that has had  the
living daylights beaten out of it.  The customer was convinced that the
piano was no good and was in need of warranty replacent because it was breaking
strings and needed voicing in the worst way.  When I heard how hard the  piano
was being played, I understood immediately that the piano was under severe
duress.  Nevertheless, Kawai went beyond what they were responsible for in
order to make the customer happy.
A piano like the one you are working on gets far more wear and tear than a
concert instrument.

Kawai's phone number is 800-421-2177.  Just ask for acoustic piano  tech
support.  If it is a warranty fix, you will get a claim form.   IMHO, this is a
(ab)use issue.  People that use their pianos often and hard  need to spend more
to have them serviced and repaired regularly.

Good luck,

Dave Stahl