Oorebeeks Punch'ns

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:55:33 -0700 (PDT)

Richard's point is one which occurred to me after
reading of these punchings the first time---let-off
occurs before the key bottoms out, so what effect
could punchings possibly have on hammer velocity,
right ?
     But I was feeling congenial that day, and I like
Andre, so I let it pass.
     It DID occur to me, though, that the punching
COULD have a  "psychological effect" on the pianist,
i.e., create a satisfying "aftertouch experience",
allowing his/her's mind to focus on the sound, rather
than what his/her fingers are feeling.
     As human attewntion can generally only be focused
on one thing at a time, this could enhance the audible
enjoyment of playing, making it genuinely SEEM like
the piano sounds better, which still has merit!
     And this could compel one to provide a better
performance, too.
     Gordon
--- Richard Moody <remoody@midstatesd.net> wrote:
> Then how else would you explain the improvemnt of
> touch and tone?
>

> I didn’t hear any improvement in tone much less
> touch.   I would like to see
> this demonstrated.  Lets sit together in the
> audience and you tell me which
> notes have the special punching that I put in but
> you don’t know where.   Or
> you play that piano and tell me which notes have the
> special punching.
> Until then, this is another bogus hype  to sell
> something that has no
> special merit.   But if I am proven wrong I will
> give $100 to your favorite
> charity. ---ric

Yahoo! Messenger