Evidence of overlacquered hammers

antares antares@euronet.nl
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:13:17 +0200

On 30-sep-04, at 19:53, David Love wrote:

> I think you misunderstand me.  Of course you can ruin the tone by a
> poor
> quality of poorly voiced hammer.  In your case, clearly the tone was
> there waiting to come out with a decent hammer.  That is not always the
> case.
>
> I think we are spinning our wheels here.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos@comcast.net

No David, I clearly understood you.
The instrument I mentioned was a low life 'older Yamaha' G3.
The AA Wurzen hammers (made by Renner) gave it a completely new
dimension.
I had exactly the very same experience with a younger C3 about 10 years
old. Not a very bad one, not a very good one.
I installed our AA Wurzen covered hammers and they altered the
instrument. It almost sounded German. hah!

André Oorebeek