Evidence of overlacquered hammers

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:30:36 -0500

At 09:16 9/29/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Getting back to the original subject, why would over lacquering cause the
>hammer to strike the string at 2 different points? Did I misinterpret
>something?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jerry Cohen
>NJ Chapter

No, you have it right.

The overabundant hardening of the shoulders did not soak/spread/wick all
the way to the top/crown/12 o'clock position.  This gave an area which was
more resistant to string cutting/wear.  Or, should I say, the top is softer
and was more easily cut and developed a shallow valley between the harder
shoulders.

This softer area also sands more easily so that, if you aren't watching,
you can make your own M profile hammers. ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

-A rose by any other name would still attract aphids.