Hammer choices

David Chadwick Chadwick61@msn.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 07:26:43 -0700

Hi folks, =20

I'm looking to find some information on piano hammer types, construction,=
 felt weights and how I can choose the proper hammer to suit a particular=
 instrument. Can someone suggest a book, publication or give me some insi=
ght to make a better judgment than just guessing. =20

I do a lot of repair such as filing, shaping and voicing and have done so=
me action rebuilds using the manufacturers products, however, I beginning=
 to explore greater possibilities and would like to know how different pr=
oducts can affect tone production. =20

Thanks in advance! =20

David C. =20
Las Vegas, NV

By the way, sorry about the lurking. I enjoy reading the monthly archives=
 and I've gleaned a lot of information from everyone...Thanks!!! =20