Beginner tool arsenal

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:10:04 -0500

Some are so obvious (screwdrivers, flashlights, etc.) that I think a =
more
interesting thread would be "What tools did you get along with at one =
time
but now find indespensible?"
=20
My list would include a tilter; a Red Devil 5-in-One painter's tool; =
paint
brush (duster); Spurlock stuff (lid prop, key carriers, felt cutting =
Teflon
grooved thingy, bushing cauls, Bushmaster, and, later, regulating tools,
etc.); Hart spring tool or similar; springy jack toe wedge; =
spring-loaded
screw starter; long handled capstan wrench; coil maker; coil lifter; =
flush
cutting pin cutter; heavy duty wire cutter; wire coil brakes (Ya learn =
the
need for these quickly and painfully!); Dremmel tool; punching lifter; =
key
leveling devices; .....
=20
Then everyone probably has a list of stuff they've bought that sounded =
good
but now never use ... including stuff right out of Schaff's catalog that
sounded good, looked good, sounded necessary but ....=20
=20
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO