Another good reason to hone your aural tuning skills

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:25:40 -0400

I use the timed switch with 4 seconds per note.  As long as TL hears the =
note, it won't switch to the next one -- the best of both worlds!  Of =
course, that means nearly continuous play in the treble, but still...  =
Even measuring every note for overpull, it goes very quickly.  When you =
stop using overpull, it displays the average value.  You can even export =
the overpull values for every note to a file, and then graph it.

--Cy Shuster--
Bluefield, WV
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Marcel Carey=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 3:06 PM
  Subject: RE: Another good reason to hone your aural tuning skills

  I use TuneLab in pitch raise mode timed note switching with the =
setting at 14sec. I use this setting for treble wire only since bass is =
usually faster. So you have =B160 unisons X 13 sec.=3D13 minutes for =
treble and another maybe 7 minutes for the bass. And the beauty is that =
the second pass will take less time as well since the pitch will have =
settled VERY close to it's final destination. I also have Verituner and =
find TuneLab faster for pitch raises.

  Marcel Carey, RPT
  Sherbrooke, QC