Another good reason to hone your aural tuning skills

ilex cameron ross i1ex@earthlink.net
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:28:38 -0400

WOW.
sold.
-ilex
  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of David M. Porritt
  Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 3:09 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: RE: Another good reason to hone your aural tuning skills

  My record for a pitch raise is 12-minutes for about a 40-cent PR.  I
usually take about 15 minutes and it leaves the piano sufficiently close
that the tuning just takes another 45 - 50 minutes.  Because of TuneLab's
spectrum display you can do the PR without mutes.  That saves a LOT of time.

  dave

  David M. Porritt, RPT
  Meadows School of the Arts
  Southern Methodist University