Another good reason to hone your aural tuning skills

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:20:04 EDT

List,

I've been having trouble with my handheld lately.  It hasn't been responding
to screen taps properly, no matter how many times I try to realign the screen.
 I called IPAQ tech support and they suggested soft reset(which I'd already
tried and which didn't work), then hard reset.  That killed it, because the
screen would still not align, and the unit was stuck in that mode....:-(  Back to
the repair shop it goes, and along with it go Tunelab, Mapopolis, and my
calendar.

Back to tuning fork, Thomas brothers, and pencil and paper.  Sure am glad I
developed my aural tuning skills.  The one thing I'll really miss is the Pitch
Raise function of Tunelab.  Should be an interesting couple of weeks.

Reliance on technology has it's own set of problems, doesn't it???

Dave Stahl