Estey legs?

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:29:43 -0500

You can make about any old set of legs work. I've taken ornate legs and lyre
off a square grand and turned plain jane Estey style grands into spectacular
(looking) pianos.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Mike McCoy
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 6:03 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Estey legs?

Hi All,

Had a phone call last night. A lady crying because she had her stuff
moved into her home from storage and apparently when everything was
moved into storage 2 years ago the legs and lyre of her Estey grand were
lost, now she has a piano laying on the floor. They few Estey grands I
have seen were H style legs. I have an older set of legs and lyre here
but before I go out there and see if I can make a set of newish
spade-type legs work I thought I would run it by you folks.

Mike

Mike McCoy
Langhorne, PA
Chapters 170 & 190