Scaling 101

Mark Davidson mark.davidson@mindspring.com
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:12:30 -0400

Where's a good place to learn the basics of scaling theory?

I've looked at some of the Pscale examples
(http://www.goptools.com/graphs.htm) and
don't really understand quite what's going on.
 I see the goal is to smooth out tension and
"inharmonicity constant",   but what is
inharmonicity constant, and can this smoothing
be accomplished just by changing wire sizes
or does it require changing string lengths also?

Also I have read that sometimes things that
look good in theory are not necessarily the
best sounding in terms of power, etc.

-Mark