adequate piano

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:51:58 +0100

Grin....

Ok... this thread has made some real whopper claims so far... but this
one has a shred of truth to it.  Tho certainly no one should interpret
this to mean that you should play on lousy pianos in order to develope
<<proper>> technique.

The thread of truth here lies mainly in the fact that a musician should
be able to sit down at just about any reasonably regulated instrument
and figure out how to make very nice music on it... nearly instantaneously.

Which of course raises an interesting point about pianists that insist
upon playing only Steinway D's because they dont want to <<ruin>> their
tecnique.

Boils down to the fact that there is a bit of variety out there... so
one should be prepared for it.  Pianists included.

And Don.... I dont see we need any proof for this... or what ?

Cheers
RicB