post card

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:07:50 -0500

Good points, though it would be a pretty rare occurrence for the date of
someone's piano being tuned to be a point of contention.

The added cost would not be insignificant. For me it would be  close to $50/
month extra for postage, plus the cost of the envelopes, plus the time spent
folding and stuffing- probably an extra hour.

I understand privacy concerns. Today I got a call from someone who
identified themselves as being from Discover card. They asked if I was the
primary cardholder. I said, "Why do you want to know and how do I know you
are from Discover?" He was unprepared for that one. He was trying to sell
some kind of add on. I was not interested.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Sarah Fox
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 1:53 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: post card

Hi Dean,

Just a stray thought about postcards...

If you've ever been through a reeeeealy nasty divorce or known someone who
has, you might be aware of the weird privacy concerns some people might
have.

"Mrs Jones, do you have a piano?  Do you play, or is this piano for your son
Billy?  Are you aware that Billy has expressed that he doesn't like to take
piano lessons?  How often do you have your piano tuned?  Isn't this a bit
excessive, in light of the fact that most people have their pianos tuned
every ___(time period)___?  or -- Here is an affidavit from ___(our
tuner)___ recommending tuning more frequently -- every ___.  In light of
this, would you say that you are neglecting your piano, which I believe is
marital property?

True, this is all incredibly stupid, but your savings of a few pennies on a
postcard could cost your client hundreds of dollars in legal fees when
privacy is breeched.  It's far better, IMO, to put everything in an
envelope.

FAIW...

Peace,
Sarah