measuring key weight ratio

V T pianovt@yahoo.com
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:48:14 -0700 (PDT)

When shopping for a scale, remember to consider
resolution vs. maximum weight capacity.  The two don't
come cheap together.  Even if you think that the
maximum key front weight (FW) you will measure is well
below 100g, you could run out of range when you place
a pedestal or bearing fixture on the scale to hold the
key in a horizontal position.  The tare eats into the
total weight capacity.  I have a scale with 0.01g
resolution and 200g capacity, and I wouldn't want less
than 200g capacity.

Vladan

---------------------- multipart/alternative
attachment
Ebay has some very inexpensive gram scales available,
down to .05 grams

Dean