tax deductions?

Hechler Family dahechler@charter.net
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:04:13 -0500

ilex,

The main question is that once you get done with the piano, will it be
up for re-sale.

If yes, that would be considered an investment that would turn around as
"costs of goods sold". Also, it is best to itemize any supplies bought
specifically for that piano. All other supplies that "could" be used on
that piano - and - others would be normal "overhead" supplies.

For example, strings, etc., would be "costs of goods sold" whereas
lacquer would be normal supplies (unless you bought only enough to do
that piano)

If no, you would have to just eat the cost.

I have done that with about 5 antique pump organs. Bought them, rebuilt
them and resold them.

Regards,
Duaine

--