measuring key weight ratio

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:47:51 -0700

Put a weight on the front of the key to hold it down and tar the scale
(set to zero).  You are only concerned with what the change is when the
10 gram weight is placed on the capstan.  The amount of weight on the
front of the key is irrelevant.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Barbara Richmond
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 4:49 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: measuring key weight ratio

Hi,

What does one do, when measuring the key weight ratio and the 10 grams
of weight over the capstan makes the key back heavy?

I see directions for negative front weight measurement, should I follow
those directions for key weight ratio, even though I was able to take
the front weight measurement without adding weight?

Thanks gobs,

Barbara Richmond