paint & agraffe plate holes

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:05:57 -0700 (PDT)

List,

I would like to hear your methods in dealing with two
agraffe related questions.

This grand has an odd size of agraffes that need to be
reused and put in best condition.

1. How do you keep the paint out of the agraffe plate
holes when you refinish the plate? Is there a way to
just cover the hole or do you bother?  (I have taken
out the agraffes already and removed the paint that
was on them from a previous rebuild by someone else. I
will not repaint them but buff them up.)

2. What is your favorite method of agraffe reaming?
(I wish I had my notes on the method Paul
Revenko-Jones demonstrated at a rebuilding skills
workshop a few years ago.  Most of the archive stuff
on agraffe reaming is actually about agraffe seating.)

Thanks for all the great answers and advice you give.

Bob