Octave Tuning

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:27:23 -0700

I believe I have proven, at least to myself, beyond a shadow of a doubt tha=
exactly the opposite is true:  When the unison is =B3stood stock still,=B2 the
sustain and resonance of that note is increased to the maximum that is
possible, given all the other mitigating factors. Another way that
concert-level tuners get =B3all there is=B2 out of a piano when tuning---and a
big part of the psychoacoustic illusion that is created by a good tuning
(i.e., =B3you voiced it!=B2 or =B3the action feels so much better=B2 when all you=B9v=
done is tune.)

Hope this helps---
David Andersen