SV: 1879 Steinway A (jacks)

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:44:22 +0100

He there Kjell.

I didnt read Ed's post that way... but you mention a good point for
sure.  Tho I suppose the distinction should be made between worn and new
pianos in that regard. As the knuckles wear it becomes necessary to
raise the jack top up so that it remains the same in relationship to the
(worn) knuckle.  Otherwise you end up with lost motion yes.... ?  FWIW
we got the same message as your experience at the acadamy in Hamamatsu.

I missed being at the convention as well this year.... grin... specially
since I heard there was fireworks !!

Cheers
RicB