Octave Tuning

Matthew Todd pianotech88@yahoo.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:42:38 -0700 (PDT)

I need some help from all of you.

Is it true that the two things that remain pure in a piano when we tune is unisons and octaves?

Is it also true that in order to have our temperament fit inside the octave, we need to tune the octave a little wide?  And if we do that, the octave will have a slight beat to it, right?

I think I missed something.

Don't call me stupid, but I am just beginning, and I think I am lost!  But once I have this concept, I think my temperament will be a whole lot better.  You guys are great!

Thanks!!
Matthew