STIFFER ACTION

Brian Doepke doepkeb@comcast.net
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:39:43 -0500

It's a grand.  How is that done?  By bending the spoons?

BD

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Avery Todd
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 3:44 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: STIFFER ACTION

Brian,

Assuming everything else as mentioned in other posts is OK, one
little "trick" I learned years ago and that is easily reversible,
is to change the damper timing. Making the dampers lift earlier, on
a vertical OR a grand, will give one a heavier feel. Just don't
overdo it, though. You don't want ringing dampers.

Avery