Dampp-Chaser Undercovers

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:08:42 -0700 (PDT)

William,

I think that the reason they don't recommend the 48"
rod is because the length of it will interfere with
the fit of the undercover by the rim (just behind the
belly rail).  Measure the width of the piano from
behind the belly rail or back of keybed from inner rim
across to inner rim on other side and see if that
distance is not so close to 48"  that the longer rod
will keep you from being able to make a nice fit of
the undercover to the bottom of the rim. If it is
going to cause a gap or big protrusion then it is not
advisable IMHO.

Bob Hull