Epoxy Fun

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:01:49 -0400

If I am going to use a large batch of epoxy very quickly, I will just mix
into a normal container. But if I might be slow about using up the mixture,
I take a hunk of plywood and lay a piece of thick plastic over it and mix
the epoxy on the flat plastic surface. The plywood allows me to move the
mixture around. Keeping a large blob of epoxy spread thin will discourage
the heating process and you will get a lot longer pot - er, a, flat
surface - life.

Also, West System has #209 hardener which has double the pot life of 206.

Terry Farrell