yamaha g-5

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:15:15 -0400

> Hi Rick,
>
> They only had 2 pedals. I don't know when that changed.
>
> At 02:07 PM 19/09/2004 +0000, you wrote:
> >     Hi Folks, I have a client with a Yamaha g-5 circa 1962. It only has
> >two pedals. Is this grey market or just the way they were making them
back
> >then?   Rick Ucci/ Ucci Piano

   Rick,
     Someone on the list reported some time ago, that the importers of some
grey market pianos were retrofiting them in Japan with three pedal lyres and
sostenuto.My point is that the pedal systems are not the best criteria for
determining Grey-Not Grey origin .
    Yamaha's has a web site with  serial # lists to answer your question.
    Best wishes.

    Tom Driscoll RPT